For all of those doubting whether to attend EGU 2016, here are 8 more reasons to register! This year YHS will organize some revamped classics (Meet the expert, Pop-Ups), and try out some new concepts (How to review, Rhyme-your-research). Times and locations are not known yet, but we’ll let you know as soon as we do! Click on the session titles for more information!
- Meet the expert in hydrology: How to work multi/inter/transdisciplinary?
Experts will give short presentations, followed by an open discussion between the audience and the expert panel.
- Hydrology Pop-Ups: Sharing failures, lessons learned and new ideas
5-min TED-style inspiring PICO presentations.
- Teaching Hydrology
Interactive 3-hour short course on basics of didactics, supported with hydrological examples.
- How to review a scientific paper in hydrology
Prof. Bárdossy (University of Stuttgart), prof. Zehe (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology) and Dr. Kleidon (Max Planck Institute) will share their tips & tricks on becoming an effective reviewer.
- Hydroinformatics for hydrology: Introduction to data science
Short course by Dr. El Serafy (Deltares) to provide an overview of data science application in hydrology.
- Rhyme-your-research I: Composition
Make your science more accessible to the world! First you will learn everything you need to know about writing a poem.
- Rhyme-your-research II: Performance
Second, you will learn and practice on how to recite a poem.
- EGU Science Poetry Slam 2016
On Friday you can listen to the best/funniest/most creative poems written during EGU2016. The winner will be determined with an appaud-o-meter.